25 March 2011

A move. Some news. And some favorite things.

Well, well, well!

Over the last month or so (Yikes! Has it been that long?) Stephen and I made the 900 mile move from Huntsville, AL. to Jersey City, NJ. I'm still saying, "We moved to New York" because it gets a much better (positive) reaction than, "We moved to Jersey." It was a good move for us- Stephen was offered a really great opportunity in Jersey, and I'm pursuing a couple different and exciting opportunities in NYC!

I'm particularly excited about some new things happening to this blog. First and foremost: a new design! By someone who knows what they are doing! I wish I could tell you my one graphic design class in college prepared me for making this blog look pretty, but alas, it didn't. So I'm enlisting some professionals.

In addition to a new design, I'm going to start posting favorite products, events, links to other blogs and great food articles and (because this is what it's all about) MORE recipes!

While our little Huntsville apartment was just fine and dandy, our kitchen was not the best for food photography. I'm extremely excited about my bright, sunny, airy kitchen and what all that natural light will do for capturing the essence of a great recipe. Because let's be honest: if you've got a great recipe but a bad photo... who's going to want to try it out? Might as well not have the photo, right? Right. So, I'm looking forward to that!

So, without further adieu, here are some of my favorite things. I've really, really been enjoying them recently:


1. Chemex coffee
We've been using a chemex to brew for some time now,
and while every now and then I crave a french press,
this method is always something Stephen and I can agree on.
It's easy and consistent and produces a nice, clean cup of coffee.
Coffee recommendations: Counter Culture's Kayanza Burundi.


2. La Tejea Raspberry Jam
2 ingredients make up this delightfully light, balanced jam:
raspberries and sugar.
Spreadable, sweet and tart.
Perfect on toast. From Spain.


3. Maya Kaimal Spicy Ketchup
This is quite possibly one of the most delicious things
I've ever tasted.
Doesn't really taste like traditional ketchup at all.
I put it on everything. I'm confident you will, too!


That's all for now, folks.

Until next time-
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment